Best of 2010: Best I've Read

|
This post features the best books I've read in 2010. It is not necessary that they are published this year, as long as I read them between 1st January - 31 December 2010. If you have a post with the similar theme, please tell me in the comments section and I'll check it out! :)

Deadly Little Secret (Touch, #1)
Deadly Little Secret (Touch, #1) by Laurie Faria Stolarz (Read my review)
Reason: Bone-chilling, suspenseful and unexpected.

The Kite Runner
The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
Reason: Love, lies, betrayal and redemption. Outstanding characters and a powerful story. Thought-provoking.

Devoured
Devoured by Amanda Marrone
Reason: A creatively-fabricated retelling of Snow White.

Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2)
Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2) by Suzanne Collins (Read my review)
Reason: Gruesome, gripping and horrifying.

Forgive My Fins (Fins, #1)
Reason: Quirky, cute and funny. Absolutely lovely!

The Chosen One
The Chosen One by Carol Lynch Williams (Read my review)
Reason: A girl's fearless attempt to resist her fate of marrying her 60-year-old uncle. Brilliantly plotted and very convincing.

The Iron King (Iron Fey, #1)
The Iron King (Iron Fey, #1) by Julie Kagawa (Read my review)
Reason: Awesome writing style and an exciting plot.

The Iron Daughter (Iron Fey, #2)
The Iron Daughter (Iron Fey, #2) by Julie Kagawa (Read my review)
Reason: More adventures and surprising outcomes.

http://www.fcc-in.org/Resources/Pictures/shanghai-girls1.jpg
Shanghai Girls by Lisa See (Read my review)
Reason: Heartfelt, palatable and an extraordinary literary prose.

http://regularrumination.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/poison-study.jpg

2 creative remarks:

Kristin said...

New follower hopping through! Have a Happy New Year!

Kristin@MyBookishWays

Aik said...

Happy New Year to you too!