New Writers, New Style

|
First of all, I would like to apologize for being MIA for so long. SPM results were released on 22 March, and I have been busy scouting prospects (as in scholarships) since then. Thank God Lemuel and Naadir have kept things interesting during my absence.

So, without wasting more of your precious time, I would like to introduce our two new writers / contributors... *drum rolls* ... Lemuel Ong and Muhammad Naadir!

Lemuel
Lemuel (pronounced same as Samuel, only with an 'L') is a college student who enjoys reading Magical/ Mysterious/ Adventure books and usually reads while lying on his plain ol' couch. Er, I mean comfy new couch! Mitch Albom and Rick Riordan are his all-time favourite authors. Being a guy with big dreams, Lemuel plans to become a writer for lifestyle magazine(s).

*****


Naadir
Naadir is a hardcore John Green fan - he can tell you everything about Green's books. You can read his review for Looking for Alaska to understand his deep bond with John Green's brain child. And like every other reader with a taste for action and suspense, he also enjoys books with a twist, especially those involving smart, kick-ass heroes.

*****

And since I've never done a decent introduction of myself, I figured it would be best to do a brief summation of me and my love of reading here.


That's me and my BFF.

Aik

I'm a dreamer, a thinker, a music lover, and above all, a voracious reader of story books. I love Maria V. Snyder's Study series, Suzanne Collins' The Hunger Games series and Rowling's Harry Potter series, and even thought about naming my future child(ren) after characters in books which I love. But rest assured that I won't be naming my kids Peeta and Katniss, for I have witnessed the vulgarity of the human brain. Don't understand what I'm talking about? Never mind, I'd rather not to taint your pure thoughts. :p

Last but not least, please help us welcome our new writers by giving them dozens of blog love! I can't tell you how much I LOVE comments.

P/S: Check back tomorrow for a super-interesting interview with the author of Streamline, Jennifer Lane!

4 creative remarks:

Farah said...

Eeeppp!!! You took the SPM results the other day?! I might be nosy here but I just have to asked how many A's did you get? ;) I know you must did well!

Sandy said...

Welcome new bloggers! I look forward to more of your posts. So I don't know what the SPM are but I am assuming they are examinations? Probably like my CXCs that I had to take before I graduated from high school?

Aik said...

@Fara: I got 8A+, 2A and 1A-. Overall, I'm satisfied with my results. :)

@Sandy: I don't know what's a CXCs, but I think it's almost the same as SPM. The SPM is a test all Form 5 students have to take to graduate high school. The minimum number of subjects is 10, but a candidate can opt to take up to 2 extra subjects.

I took Accounting as an extra subject, and thank goodness I got an A+ in it. At first I didn't understand the concept and got really depressed; I even thought of giving up, but thanks to my teachers' help, I managed to do it!

Naadir said...

I'm trying my best to make the reviews interesting without spoiling it. so do mind the 'suckn'-iness of it. DTFDBA